Thursday, 26 September 2013

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells....

For those of you out there who when January rolls around think 'Are you serious? Hot cross buns in the supermarket ALREADY?'

YOU ARE GOING TO HATE THIS POST. 

(but honestly when are hot cross buns ever a bad thing?)

By the title you've probably already realised that for me, Christmas season has begun. Not only that, but I actually started with the Christmas planning and shopping quite some time ago now (I wont admit how long ago).


My Christmas wrapping theme last year!


Christmas is just one of those holidays I love, with the lead up to it being possibly even more exciting! 


I love everything about it, buying people presents, having advent calenders, decorating trees, cheesy Christmas carols, community Christmas Fairs and wearing ridiculous Christmas themed outfits for the whole month of December. It's a pretty awesome time of year. (And once Christmas gets a little closer, I'll share some of my Christmas ridiculousness with you all!)


Combining my love of decorating and baking at Christmas!




Spending some time with part of my lovely fam (One of my favourite parts!)

Jus is also just as much, if not more crazy about Christmas (or Chrimbob, I'll let her explain that one) as I am, and it's one of the best things about our friendship, that's she shares my crazy at Christmas.

And as much fun as the shopping, decorating, baking and general silliness of the season is, I also love that it's a time of year when people focus on spending time with the people they love, on doing kind things for one another and generally spreading cheer.


I'll never forget last year as I was on my way to work, the Salvation Army was at the train station, dressed in their Christmas gear playing carols and fund raising, when a homeless man went up to them and donated money, then turned around to encourage everyone at the station to do the same.


It was so lovely to see how someone who already had so little, still wanted to give to other people in need, and it's something that has stuck with me ever since.


So that's a little about why I love Christmas and the holiday season in general, but what do you guys think? Do you love Christmas as much as we do? (Can't wait to see Jus' post on this! haha) Do you have any weird or wonderful Christmas stories? Have you already started preparing for the holiday season too? Would love to hear from you in the comments below!


Till next time

Xx


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Christmas too!! Can't wait to do Candice's Christmas workshop with you soon :D

    ReplyDelete