Saturday, 9 November 2013

Shameless Beauty Month

Have you heard of Shameless Gaming Month? It's during July and essentially its a month where gamers focus on finishing half played games, or games they haven't even started yet. Yes it's a thing, and yes it makes sense. My man person often is gifted games he really wants to play, or buys games on sale and then all of the sudden, the 'it' game is released and all other games are forgotten.

I think it's brilliant, and I actually need to finish a few games.. but that's besides the point.

The recent move overseas highlighted just how many beauty products I have. It is a lot. I can't help it, maybe it's a Makeup Artist thing or maybe it's a curiosity thing, but I'm always picking up new products, or I get them as gifts (which I love! My wishlist for Christmas is almost always beauty stuff hahahah)

Now most people that know me will know that when it comes to beauty routines, I'm pretty lazy; but I have decided that this month I won't be, this month is my shameless beauty month. A month to work through my stockpile of beauty products.

And I thought while I'm at it, why not give you guys my opinion? 

First up is the Riffi Mitt, it's an exfoliating glove, but it's also excellent for dry body brushing. Dry body brushing is great to promote circulation as well as helping to detoxify the body. I've tried brushing with the brushes before, but I always found it awkward. For me, personally the Riffi mitt is brilliant, it's easy to use and my skin is already heaps smoother (no crocodile legs for me this winter!)


Next up is L'Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil, I literally just finished this and I'm a little bit devastated. I might love this a little bit. I'm still not sure where I stand on the Body Oil vs Body Moisturiser vs Body Cream/Butter debate. Truth is I've used them all and I don't really have any preference. The Supple Skin Oil is supposed to firm as well as moisturise your skin. One of the things I loved about this was the smell, which was reminiscent of marzipan, which is odd because I am not a marzipan fan, but my gosh was my skin soft. I will certainly be getting more of this.

Last up is Philosophy the Microdelivery Triple-Acid Brightening Peel. This is a gentle chemical peel used once a week to help brighten and tighten skin and help even out the skin tone. I've only used this once so far and haven't seen any major results, but there was some tingling, something to keep in mind if you have more sensitive skin. Another thing, if you're using a peel or products with AHAs, be sure to wear sunscreen or a product with SPF afterwards, as your skin can be more sensitive to sun and UV rays, although we all know we really should be using them everyday anyway right?


My favourite product for this? Tinted Moisturiser. I love the NARS Radiant Skin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment